1. Preheat the oven to 160°C, fan oven 140°C, Gas Mark 3. Grease and line an 8-inch/ 20 centimetre square tin (preferably with a loose base) with parchment paper.
2. Place the granola into a large bowl, break up any clusters with your fingers and set aside. In a small saucepan add the honey, butter, sugar and salt, cook over a low heat until fully melted. Pour this mixture over the granola and mix thoroughly.
3. Press the mixture firmly into the prepared pan. This will help the bars hold together once baked. Place in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden.
4. Allow to cool for half an hour before carefully removing from the tin and allow to cool completely in the fridge (this helps when dipping the bars later). Remove from the fridge and cut into 8 rectangles using a sharp knife.
5. When ready to dip the bars, break the chocolate into a heatproof bowl and place over a pan of gently simmering water. Once the chocolate is melted, remove from the heat and carefully dip the bars in the chocolate, coating half of the bar. Set onto a baking tray lined with parchment and place in the fridge to set.
Stored in the fridge, these bars will keep for a week (as long as they don’t get eaten!)
This recipe uses dark chocolate but you can use milk or white chocolate for a tasty alternative.