This is the bit where we tell you what we will and won't be doing with any data we collect from the site. We like to keep you in the know.
The purpose of this Online Privacy Statement is to inform you about the types of information we gather online about you when you visit Jordans & Ryvita Web site ("our Site"), how we may use that information, whether we disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding our use of, and your ability to correct, that information.
The Jordans & Ryvita Company, a division of ABF Grain Products Limited (“Jordans & Ryvita”) respects your right to privacy. When you visit our Site, we may collect information on two different levels about your visit:
- Statistics collected as you browse the site.
- Personal information you knowingly give us.
- We want you to be aware of how we collect and handle information on our Web site.
Jordans & Ryvita collects personal information such as name, company and e-mail address, when you knowingly provide it to us. Our Web servers automatically collect statistical information about your visit such as pages visited and which browsers are used to visit our site.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personally Identifiable Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide better service in the event you contact us again.
When you choose to register with our Site (if applicable), we request accurate contact information and preferences that help us better serve you. Your contact information may be used to send you company and product information, special offers and in some cases, newsletters.
Anytime you register with us you may:
- Opt out. At any time after the initial registration, you can opt out by either e-mailing us your request or clicking on the link at the bottom of any e-mail alerts you receive.
- Update your contact and personal information anytime by notifying us of changes to this information previously collected from you online.
- In order to improve your experience with us, we may decide to improve our Site's ability to obtain information about users. We will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area.
We do not sell, share or disclose individually identifiable information obtained online about our visitors to anyone outside of Jordans & Ryvita, our subsidiary or parent companies or companies directly engaged by Jordans & Ryvita where confidentiality agreements are in place. The only exceptions to this rule are the following:
- If you specifically authorize Jordans & Ryvita to share your information with another company.
- It is required by law.
- On occasion, Jordans & Ryvita shares non-personally identifiable information with other companies in order to assess the results of a promotion or event. This information is used in aggregate only, and does not contain any information that would personally identify you.
Personally identifiable information
This refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are. The Personally Identifiable Information we collect when you use our Site may include your name, mailing address, e-mail address, login names and passwords. Personal information you voluntarily supply when obtaining information from our Site is not shared for use outside Jordans & Ryvita, our subsidiary or parent companies or companies directly engaged by Jordans & Ryvita where confidentiality agreements are in place. This information is Jordans & Ryvita's proprietary data and is not available to any outside company (except where confidentiality agreements are in place) in this personalised form.
In order to provide the best service to our audience we would like to know who our users are, when they use our site and how often they use our site.
At times, we may utilize e-mail for any of these reasons:
- To conduct online surveys (voluntary).
- To respond to a site visitor's e-mail.
- To send information that a visitor has requested.
- To send information about Jordans & Ryvita and/or its subsidiary or parent companies.
- In all of these situations you will be provided with direction on how to opt out of future e-mails of this nature.
Jordans & Ryvita acknowledges your trust and is committed to protecting the information you provide us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Any information that you give us is protected by a password for added security. Within our Site, your information is stored in password-protected, limited-access servers. Wherever possible, our servers reside behind a corporate firewall that maintains tight controls on any access to the system from both our internal network and the Internet.
What is a cookie?
When you access websites, a cookie (which is a small text file) is stored on your PC, laptop, tablet or mobile. They are widely used to make websites work, but also so we know which parts of our site you like the best so we can make sure we our websites are as good as they can be. If you would still like to know more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
Changes to this Site
If there are changes or additions to the terms of this Online Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here so that you will always know what information we collect online, how we use it, and what choices you have. Please be sure to check this page before proceeding to use our Site. Regardless of any changes we make to our Online Privacy Statement, we will always use your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with the version of the Statement in place at the time you provided your information, unless you give your express consent for us to do otherwise.