Keep skiving off your daily run? Then take note of these top 5 motivators that are sure to trump any feeble excuse.
1. It's free There's no gym membership or class fee - stepping outside your door and pounding the streets costs you absolutely nothing whether you fancy a 15-minute sprint around the block, or an hour's jog about the park.
2. Feel that high Nothing beats that feeling of elation you get after completing a long hard workout. Next time you find yourself reaching for your slippers rather than your trainers, focus on how energising and happy a workout makes you feel, and you'll be lacing up those running shoes every time.
3. Eat more treats… Running is a great way of burning off excess calories, which means that by making it part of your weekly routine you can enjoy the odd extra treat and still get in to your favourite pair of jeans.
4. Forget your troubles…Running is a great way to draw a line between work and home, whether you're in need of psyching yourself up for the coming day, or having trouble winding down after work.
5. And breathe… Fed up with being cooped up in air-conditioned offices and central-heated homes? A blast of natural air is the best way to clear away the cobwebs, and working a run in to your routine means that you're guaranteeing yourself a daily dose of the fresh stuff.
Image: by Photostock, Free Digital Photos.net